Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Female Reproductive System Diseases Endometriosis - a condition involving colonization of the abdominal/pelvic cavity with islands of endometrial tissue. Endometrium is the lining layer of the uterus which sloughs off with each menstruation. If endometrial tissue flushes up the uterine tube and spills into the abdomen (peritoneal cavity), the clots of endometrial tissue can attach to abdominal organs such as the bladder, rectum, intestinal loops and then cycle along with the uterus in response to monthly changes in ovarian hormones. Bleeding into the abdomen irritates the lining membrane, the peritoneum, and causes abdominal pain. Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) – although males have a closed abdominal cavity, the female abdominal cavity has a direct anatomical path from the outside world via the female reproductive tract. Bacteria can make their way up the vagina, through the uterus, and traverse the uterine tubes which open into the abdominal cavity. Inflammation of the lining of the abdominal cavity, the peritoneum, causes abdominal pain. Although there are many potential causes of PID, gonorrheal infection is one of them. Chronic Inflammation of the uterine tubes can occlude them resulting in infertility. Prolapsed uterus – the uterus is almost directly above the vagina. In fact, the cervix, the neck region, of the uterus extends into the upper vagina. Ligaments hold the uterus in proper position so that it does not prolapse or herniate into the vagina. Severe prolapse can result in the uterine cervix protruding from the vaginal opening. Surgical repair is typically required to restore the uterus to its proper anatomical position. Previous Next Medical terminology

Human Reproductive System

Definitely they were not married, but they had a child. Stella said he asked her to come for the thanksgiving service. It was there that I met Iyabo's mother, the woman who included my name in her book, titled, " Bitter Sweet". She did not know I was going to be there because, I had never seen her before in public. It was much later that I learnt that they moved back into their home; that she and Obasanjo had reconciled. Obasanjo only went to work in Otta on Mondays to Fridays and would return to Abeokuta their family home at weekends. He was still having his holidays this period in preparation for a thanksgiving service to round off his tenure as Head of State properly.
Most people normally have thanksgiving service whenever they are retiring from service. So, he invited us to the thanksgiving. We didn't know the other woman would be there.
So, Stella and I entered the house. We just walked in and behold, the woman was able to recognize me. She thought that I was the one her husband was dating. She told me, that she heard that many women have kids for her husband, whether I am one of them? She said, is that not Julie Coker? I said yes. I was thinking she was going to be friendly but she was roaring like a tiger. She was really in a combatant mood. When I saw her mood, I was like, trying to stay a bit far from her because, I knew with the mood , if she had something dangerous, she would have used it on me. But luckily, there were a lot of people there.
Where was Obasanjo when this was happening?
I think he overheard her when we were arguing because as I was telling her no, I was not one of them, he came out from the room where he was. When she saw him, she mellowed down. That was like the second time I came face to face with him after the FESTAC incident. I now pleaded with her. I told her that we came to celebrate with her and her husband, our out-going Head of State after a successful tenure. She asked why we didn't go to the reception, why did we come to the house? But it was the man that insisted Stella must come to the house. But I couldn’t tell her that

No comments:

Post a Comment